- This event has passed.
Regular Meeting of the WCSD (School) Board of Trustees
August 10, 2021 @ 2:00 pm PDT
The Board will be voting on the Vice President position (it used to be filled by Andrew Caudill who resigned last month).
The Board will be voting on the Clerk position also (Minetto is currently the clerk – but they have probably already decided she will be the new VP- that is why they will be voting on the Clerk position that will be open).
The Board wants to make a blanket approval of all of the items on the Consent Agenda.
- Water Authority –$158,375 (any other bids? What is wrong with current pump, etc.)
- Buckhead Capital Management – annual fee is $369,000 – why do we need these guys?
- Class size discussion
- Disabilities Education Act mandates all children get a free public education (even violent or mentally disabled children)
- Replace locks at Bernice Mathews Elementary: $122,150
- Special sick leave bank for Covid (how much $ is this)
- New pay for principal at Natchez Elementary (how much $)
- “Prevention Intervention Specialists” – give them new jobs this year (what is a prevention intervention specialist??)
- Appoint following people to 2-year term to Zoning Advisory Committee
Task Force will discuss “supplemental materials” (CRT, Social Justice, etc)